Want to contribute work to the club? Here's a few suggestions.
Some things that require common (non-sailing/windsurf) skills:
- clean up yard
- cut back weeds
- dump trash cans into dumpster
- take lost belongings to lost and found area
- straighten up PFD and wetsuit racks.
Want to learn to repair boats or boards?
- check website and announce list and slack for upcoming clinics
- read up and study videos: search “fiberglass repair” or “dinghy sailboat rigging”, etc.
- especially recommended: West Systems Epoxy, RS boat owners rigging manuals
- learn how to use orbital sanders, blind riveters, drills, other hand tools and small power tools
- then contact the right person -- see the Contacts page
Want to teach sailing and windsurfing?
- get your rating and get out on the water first
- read the manuals and other files on the website's Resources page
- then contact the Rear Commodore (Contacts page, there are two, one for sailing, one for windsurfing)
Is there something else you wanted to do?
- make sure you have the skills and the time (part of the skills is judging how much time)
- figure out which of the excom members (website Contacts page again) would be in charge
- estimate the cost of supplies, etc. Contact Treasurer for tips
- catch the excom member at the club, or send a brief note by email. Keep it brief, they're busy.
Thanks for asking!