All Meeting Minutes
2001.01.18 - Excom
EXCOM MEETINGPresent: Bob Hood, Marceline Therrien, Scott Mc Lean, Chris Havel, Brian Herlihy, Jolanda de Boer, Ben Pink, Rebecca Hausmann proxy for Joe Matera, Isabella La Rocca.
Thursday January 18, 2001
Thursday January 18, 2001
- Vice Commodore Marceline reports that she has created a publicity brochure for the club to advertise in places such as REI. She has also written a sheet for new members with essential information about the club. She requested feedback from Ex Comm by the next meeting. Also, please use the e-groups listserver to schedule events, as well as posting at the club house.
- First Vice Commodore Scott reports that lots of work has been done and he thanks all responsible. We will need a new mast for one of the Rhodes. We have recently acquired a JY.
- Second Vice Commodore Brian reports that we are actively seeking windsurfing donations before we make purchases for the year. He is researching the kazoo board.
- Rear Commodores Ben and Jolanda report that they are requesting that juniors working on getting their seniors organize a fast track for this summer. Ben is organizing classes on sailing and rigging lasers - contact him if you are interested. Jolanda is looking for volunteers (men or women) for the women’s lessons. Ben and Jolanda are working on a mentoring program.
- Treasurer Rebecca reports that our insurance rates have not increased this year. She encourages all to be wise and frugal with our spending.
- Correction to last meeting’s minutes: Justin Oberhauer was appointed Cruising Chair.
- Please not e that the cruising phone number on the membership cards is mistaken - the correct number is (510) 567-6553.
- A motion was made to appoint Jeff Miller Welding Chair for one year. The motion passed unanimously.
- A motion was made to re-appoint Saul Schumsky as Dinghy Commissioning Chair. The motion passed unanimously.
- A motion was made to approve Saul for $800 for Jim Antrim to submit his design to builders for bids. The motion passed with 7 in favor and one abstention.
- A motion was made to approve Saul for $300 for research into custom boat contracting. The motion passed with 7 in favor and one abstention.
- A motion was made to appoint Mike Fitzhugh Webmaster Chair. The motion was tabled until he meets with our present webmaster, Bill Moseley.
- CLOSED AGENDA ITEM.
- A motion was made to appoint Patrick Servantes as Toolshed Chair. The motion passed unanimously. Please contact him at (415) 206-1684 with ideas.
- A motion was made to sell or give away the green Rhodes to make space in the yard. The motion was tabled until the next Ex Comm meeting.
- This year’s Ashby Shoal Breakfast will take place on Sunday, May 27th.
- The next Ex Comm meeting will be on Thursday, February 1 at 7 pm in the club house.
- There will be an advisory poll at the next General Membership meeting to help Ex Comm decide between the design boat and the production boats.
The meeting was adjourned