All Meeting Minutes
2001.03.01 - Excom
Thursday March 01, 2001
EX COMM MEETING MINUTES
MINUTES MARCH 1, 2001
Attending: Bob Hood, Marceline Therrien, Chris Havel, Brian Herlihy, Ben Pink, Joe Matera, Isabella La Rocca.
Review of Minutes from last meeting: Approved without corrections.
- Commodore Bob reports that the next General Membership meeting will be on Thursday, March 15 at the Berkeley Yacht Club. No host bar at 7pm, dinner served at 7:30. We will discuss budget issues and further development in dinghy fleet replacement.
- Vice Commodore Marceline reports that we ran an ad in this week’s Express and we will have a small ad every month in Latitude. She has changed the message on the voice mail box so that the information is current. A reporter from Xtreme ‘Zine will be here with a photographer on Sunday at 1pm for Open House.
- First Vice Commodore Ben reports that we have 2 Lidos in serious disrepair and an additional 3 with less serious problems that are not sailable. Thanks to Bill P. and Peter K. the third JY is rigged and sailable. Due to the bad weather, we haven’t had any Lido work parties. Saturday work parties will resume when the weather improves. He is still looking for a volunteer or senior project to work on the green Rhodes.
- Second Vice Commodore Brian reports that Diane Althoff is attempting to get donations from manufacturer’s and retail shops. We should be able to get good discounts on gear this year. By the next Ex Comm meeting he will have an estimate for this year’s purchases.
- Third Vice Commodore Chris reports that we ordered a sling so that by the end of the month we should have the fourth ensign out of the berth and in the yard for summer sailing.
- Rear Commodore Jolanda reports that there will be an addition to the blue Introductory Handbook for Sailing Lidos booklet as to how to become a Junior. She is taking a survey among rated skippers about teaching. Please send her responses. The position of Women’s Teaching Chair is wide open. Call her at (510) 452 2331.
- Treasurer Joe reports that he is working on the financial record keeping though his computer is busted. The Racing Chair position is open - if you are interested please call him at (510) 655 7547.
- Secretary Isabella is looking for a Secretary Chair. Please contact her at email@example.com if you are interested.
- A motion was made to start a separate account for the dinghy replacement fund. The motion passed unanimously.
- A motion was made to transfer $35,000 from our money market account to the dinghy replacement fund. The motion passed with 6 in favor and 2 opposed.
- A motion was made to approve Bill Prinzmetal’s cruise to Angel Island on March 11, outlined as attached (hard copy in the clubhouse) and via e-mail on March 1. The motion passed unanimously.
- A motion was made to approve Vincent Fallourd as Windsurfing Maintenance Chair with duties as described in the attached hard copy in the clubhouse. The motion passed unanimously.
- We need volunteers for the dinghy replacement fundraising committee!
- A motion was made to appoint Isabella as Windsurfing Locker Chair. The motion passed unanimously.
- A motion was made to approve $400 for teaching incentive hats. The motion passed unanimously.
The meeting was adjourned until the next meeting on March 15 at 7pm at the Berkeley Yacht Club.
The meeting was adjourned.