All Meeting Minutes
2001.03.15 - General
Thursday March 15, 2001
GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING MINUTES MARCH 15, 2001
Attending: Bob Hood, Marceline Therrien, Chris Havel, Brian Herlihy, Ben Pink, Jolanda deBoer, Alex Athenasopoulous, Joe Matera, Isabella La Rocca.
Review of Minutes from last meeting: Approved with the following corrections
- Jolanda deBoer was present.
- Vice Commodore Marceline reports that we are running ads in the Express and Latitude. She has printed flyers advertising the club and encourages all to post them everywhere.
- Second Vice Commodore Brian reports that the season has started and we are getting good deals on new equipment for the club. He encourages all to improve windsurfing instruction. He is working on having a swap meet hosted by the club. He is looking for seniors for specific projects and for a laser chair.
- Port Captain Alex reports that we have dayleaders scheduled every day.
- Rear Commodore Jolanda reports that we have ordered instructor hats and we have t-shirts for those who teach windsurfing 10 hours. She is looking for fast track organizers (in exchange for free memberships). The women’s program will start at the end of April and she is looking for volunteers.
- Treasurer Joe reports that there is major disarray in the financial department but his main priority is getting it under control. We have about $100K.
- An update was made on the custom boat and a presentation was made on the production boat possibilities. There was a discussion about the two possibilities.
- A motion was made to approve Fenan Samuel, age 16, as a club member. The motion passed unanimously.
- A motion was made to approve Camilla Alexander, age 17, as a club member. The motion passed unanimously.
- A motion was made to accept the donation of a Commander. The motion failed with 3 in favor, 4 opposed, and 1 abstention.
- A motion was made to approve Brian for $1,000 to Vela for 5 sails and $4196.00 for Boardsports for a variety of windsurfing equipment (averaging $200 per sail for new sails). The motion passed unanimously.
- A motion was made to allow non-members to become volunteer dayleaders and receive free memberships. The motion failed with 1 in favor, 6 opposed, and 1 abstention.
The meeting was adjourned until the next meeting on March 29 at 7pm at the clubhouse.