All Meeting Minutes
2001.04.12 - Excom
Thursday April 12, 2001
EX COMM MEETING MINUTES
APRIL 12, 2001
Attending: Bob Hood, Marceline Therrien, Brian Herlihy, Chris Havel, Jolanda deBoer, Isabella La Rocca.
Review of Minutes from last meeting: Approved without corrections.
- Commodore Bob Hood reports that he will be proposing some changes in windsurfing ratings requirements. He is also working on organizing an ensign race around Treasure Island open to all cruising and senior skippers who have passed the written test and racing rules test. He would like all officers to plan and promote senior projects.
- Vice Commodore Marceline thanks all skippers that gave open house rides last weekends. People got rides in a timely fashion and were happy. On April 26 there will be a 7pm meeting at Hs. Lordships for planning the Eastshore State Park. It will be a good opportunity for club members to express interest in sailing access to the north sailing basin which is part of the new park, and all club members are strongly encouraged to attend. The club will participate in the Berkeley Bay Festival on April 28 from 11 - 4. We need 10 seniors and 10 juniors to take people for rides and receive work credit. We have CSC hats available for $10 each from Jolanda DeBoer or Vincent Fallourd.
- Second Vice Commodore Brian reports that he is planning to host an event featuring famous windsurfing instructor Jason Voss. The swap meet is scheduled for Sunday, May 6 from 9-12 and will be attended by Vela Windsurfing Resorts. We got 5 masts for half price and 8 carbon booms donated! This is $5500 worth of gear for $750! Rumor has it the Mistral/Naish will host a demo day at the club!
- Third Vice Commodore Chris Havel reports that we will haul out Nenya, probably on April 21. Thanks to Sypko and Alan for their work on wiring and batteries. He congratulates Ed Corbett for his 30 year membership in CSC!
- Rear Commodore Jolanda reports that we need teachers for Wednesday night lessons. Please contact Peter Bascek or Chris Havel. If you have taught 20 hours you are eligible for an extremely cute hat - contact Jolanda. The women’s program starts April 29 from 2:30-5 and on other dates from 1-3. Please check the flyer in the clubhouse. There will be another teaching seminar on Saturday, May 12 at 2 pm. Skippers try to take only 2 students per boat and limit lessons to one hour. Diane Althoff has organized windsurfing lessons on Thursdays from 1-2. Thank you Jim for organizing the capsize clinic and we look forward to the next one. There is a cruising skipper study group and active cruising skippers are encouraged to participate. Please contact Sypko. We are working on a hypothermia clinic.
- Mika Kitagawa has been appointed BBQ Chair. Congratulations and thanks to Mika!
- A motion was made to approve Becky Hoots for up to $100 for cleaning Daisy’s bottom and for the PHRF certificate. The motion passed unanimously.
- A motion was made to approve Alex Francois’ senior project to organize a fast track for the end of May. The motion passed unanimously.
- Saul Schumsky gave a report on costs for the custom design boats.
- A motion was made to extend Marceline’s eligibility to obtain her senior skipper rating for one motor year. The motion passed with 5 in favor and 1 abstention.
- A motion was made to approve Brian for $750 for masts. The motion passed unanimously.
- A motion was made to approve Brian for $300 for universal bases. The motion passed unanimously.
The meeting was adjourned until the next meeting on Wednesday, April 25 at 7pm at the clubhouse.