Tuesday December 05, 2000
EX COMM MEETING MINUTES
DECEMBER 5, 2000
Present: Joe Matera, Malu Lujan, Scott Mc Lean, Chris Havel, Dean Atkinson, Alex Athanasopoulos, Rebecca Hausmann, Isabella La Rocca.
- A motion was made that the club support items 1,2,4,5, and 6 of the attached and to appoint Bill Prinzmetal to execute them and Chris Havel to be the liaison. The motion passed with 6 in favor, one opposed, and one abstention.
- A motion was made to approve Scott Mc Lean and Reese Jones for an additional $500 for the windsurfing rack. The motion passed with 6 in favor, one opposed, and one abstention.
- A motion was made to form a Dinghy Fundraising Committee to raise funds for the replacement dinghies. The first meeting will be on Tuesday, December 12 at 7pm at the clubhouse. The motion passed with 6 in favor and one opposed.
- A motion was made to approve $750 for the boat designer. The motion failed with 3 in favor, 3 opposed, and two abstentions.
- A motion was made to approve $400 was approved for the rack and roof project. The motion passed with 4 in favor and one abstention.
- A motion was made to approve $290 for damage to Payam’s car because of club negligence. The motion passed with 7 in favor and one opposed.
- CLOSED AGENDA ITEM.
- Vice Commodore Malu reports that we had a small but successful Open House last weekend. We have not heard from the Dept. of Waterways about our grant proposal for $30,000 for boats and windsurfing equipment.
- First Vice-Commodore Scott reports that we have five working Lidos and he believes that by Spring we will have 8 working Lidos. He recommends that we start shopping for a new skiff that floats in low tide. The good weather has allowed lots of work to get done lately!
- Rear Commodore Dean reports that the position will be open for the next election.
- Port Captain Alex requests that people who write in the log sign their name.
- Treasurer Rebecca reports that the position will be open for the next election.
The meeting was adjourned.