All Meeting Minutes
2000.03.07 - Excom
Tuesday March 07, 2000
Tuesday March 07, 2000
Joe Matera, Malu Lujan, Scott McLean, Ingrid Pulhug, Mark Yampanis, Rebecca Haussmann for Dean Atkinson, Naim Busek, Isabella La Rocca.
- A motion was made to approve William Duncanson’s senior project to fix Dewey (fiberglass and wood repair - completing the construction of the flotation seat). The motion passed with 6 in favor and 1 abstention.
- The plan for the yard was discussed and William Duncanson has volunteered to draw a preliminary plan which will be discussed at the next Ex Comm meeting so that we can consider buying a container.
- There was a discussion about acquiring more lidos. Anyone who knows of used lidos for sale, please contact an Ex Comm member.
- A motion was made to approve Malu for $300 to advertise for a year in the Daily Planet. The motion passed unanimously.
- Congratulations to Jessica and Wilder Lee on their brand new bouncing baby boy, John Harpeth Lee, 10lbs. 5 oz at birth!!!
- Commodore Joe reports that he has paid a $131 berth fee for the Santana so we are current on our berth fees. He has also paid a total of $237 for property taxes this year because of reductions and credits. In the next few weeks, Joe will also pursue reducing our taxes further by having our business equipment value reassessed. The next Ex Comm meeting will be the Tuesday, March 21 at 7pm. The General Membership meeting will be Thursday, March 30 at 7pm at the Berkeley Yacht Club. Food will be served at 7:30. The following Ex Comm meeting will be Tuesday, April 18.
- Vice Commodore Malu reports that she will be advertising at grocery stores and in free events listings in local papers. She will also be advertising in the East Bay Express and the Daily Planet and sending out a press release for various local papers.
- First Vice Commodore Scott reports that we have six boats working and we are waiting for the weather to improve to make further repairs.
- Port Captain Mark reports that we have had a dayleader on Tuesdays for six weeks and no sailors. He encourages members to visit the lonely dayleaders.
- Rear Commodore Rebecca, proxy for Dean, reports that there has been response for the sale of the Santana but no offers. We are taking an ad in Latitude and posting another flyer and Rebecca doesn’t foresee any problem selling it. We will be giving free rides and have a booth at the Berkeley Bay Festival on Saturday, April 29. She encourages seniors to come down and participate in this fun event.
- Treasurer Naim reports that Saul, Chair of the Design Committee, recommends assessing our financial situation and the condition of our present lido fleet and decide when we should start on the new fleet. Saul will be at the next Ex Comm meeting to report on the progress of the Design Committee.
- Secretary Isabella reports that the new Operating Rules are being printed.
The meeting was adjourned.