All Meeting Minutes
2000.04.18 - Excom
Tuesday April 18, 2000
Tuesday April 18, 2000
EX COMM MEETING MINUTES
APRIL 18, 2000
Joe Matera, Malu Lujan, Scott McLean, Brian Herlihy, Chris Havel, Dean Atkinson, Isabella La Rocca.
- The following members were nominated to the Rating Committee: John Frazier and Joe Matera for Dinghy Committee and Dean Atkinson and Dan Twelker for Keelboat Committee. The motion passed unanimously.
- A motion was made to put Seth Clark, Bill Prinzmetal, Chris Havel, John Frazier on the Port Supply discount list. The motion passed unanimously.
- A motion was made approve Rebecca for $800 for 40 life jackets. The motion passed unanimously.
- A motion was made to approve Bill Prinzmetal for $800 for a Go board for assessment for teaching windsurfing to novices. The motion passed with 4 in favor, 1 opposed, 2 abstentions.
- A motion was made to table the Go board motion until we review our budget at the next Ex Comm meeting. The motion failed with 1 in favor, 4 opposed, and 1 abstention.
- A motion was made to approve Rachel Fogel’s senior project to arrange to pave the new unpaved portion of the yard. The motion passed with 6 in favor and 1 opposed.
- A motion was made to appoint Jerry Huff as Bread Chair. The motion passed with 6 in favor and 1 abstention.
- A motion was made to amend James Romanek’s membership so that it expires at the end of May, 2000. The motion passed with 4 in favor, 1 opposed, 2 abstentions.
- A motion was made to allocate to Dean Atkinson $1,000 for the 3 cruising motors to be professionally serviced and maintained for the year. The motion passed unanimously.
- A motion was made to approve Chris Havel for $650 per boat for a haul-out on May 11. The vote passed unanimously.
- There was a discussion about dayleading. The primary responsibility for dayleaders is to watch for the safety of the members.
- Closed agenda item.
- The CSC is attending and giving free rides at the Berkeley Bay Festival. Club members are needed to man our information booth and seniors are need to give rides.
- A motion was made to approve Brian for $1500 for 5 sails and 4 masts from Vela. The motion passed unanimously.
- First Vice Commodore Scott reports that he needs a lot of help getting all boats in working order. If you break it, fix it!
- Second Vice Commodore Brian would like to thank Vela for their donation to the club of 20 sails.
- Third Vice Commodore emphasizes that the haul-out is on May 11 and invites seniors to participate.
- Rear Commodore Dean is looking for members to organize fast-track teaching programs this summer. This would be a good senior project.
The meeting was adjourned.