All Meeting Minutes
2000.05.02 - Excom
Tuesday May 02, 2000
Tuesday May 02, 2000
EX COMM MEETING MINUTES
MAY 2, 2000
Joe Matera, Malu Lujan, Brian Herlihy, Scott McLean, Chris Havel, Dean Atkinson, Isabella La Rocca.
- Please be reminded that Junior dinghy sailors are not allowed to sail outside of the Junior dinghy boundaries without explicit Ex Comm approval. No individual Ex Comm member or senior has the authority to extend the Junior boundaries.
- A motion was made to have a meeting with Jim Antrim and Carl Shumaker, boat design candidates. Proposed dates are May 16, May 30, and/or June 13. Present at these meetings will be the Dinghy Commissioning Committee and Ex Comm. All members are invited to attend. The vote passed unanimously.
- A motion was made to approve Peter Kuhn and Scott for up to $100 to rent a Megabyte for 2 days for purchase evaluation. The vote passed unanimously.
- A motion was made to approve Peter Kuhn and Scott for up to $100 to rent a 29er for 2 days for purchase evaluation. The vote failed with 1 in favor, 4 opposed, and 2 abstentions.
- A motion was made to approve up to $250 for the repair of a non-club boat damaged by a club member on a keel boat. The motion passed unanimously.
- A motion was made to approve Ernie Galvan’s senior project to obtain a tax exemption for club boats. The motion passed unanimously.
- A motion was made to approve Scott for up to $1500 for various Lido repairs. The vote passed unanimously.
- A motion was made to approve Bill Bradfield’s senior project to investigate using work-study students from other institutions such as Peralta Community College District, City College, CCAC, Mills, etc. The vote passed unanimously.
- A motion was made to approve Brian for $300 for insignia cloth. The vote passed unanimously.
- Closed agenda item.
- The following guidelines are to be communicated clearly to the dayleaders:
Day Leaders shall
- check the water at least every five minutes;
- rescue all boats that are capsized for more then five minutes;
- rescue all boats that are out of control for more then fifteen minutes;
- rescue all wind surfers that are out of their area or down for ten minutes;
- close the club if no one is ready and able to rescue;
- sign out in the log when not on duty (sailing) and have another qualified member sign in on the log as volunteer day leader when they take over;
- ask members for help when going on a rescue;
- sign up new members correctly but remember rescuing is your first priority;
- not have home work out when a member is on the water.
- Commodore Joe is trying to lower our taxes by reducing the assessment of our capital equipment.
- Vice Commodore Malu reports that we are advertising our Open Houses in the Sierra Club Yodeler and The Berkeley Daily Planet. Malu is looking for a member to buy supplies and run the BBQ for this Sunday’s Open House. All skippers are requested to give rides! Thanks to all members for the participation - it was a huge success.
- First Vice Commodore Scott reports there will be Boat Repair Workshops every Saturday from 10am to 1pm. Participation will count toward work hours. We had a very successful work party last week. Thanks to all his work. Please be sure to put away rudders and tillers.
- Second Vice Commodore Brian reports that Ingrid is working on getting a Windcall pager for the club. He is also looking for a member to buy insignia cloth. He is looking for a Windsurfing Equipment Chair as well as Lesson Chair. There are plenty of work projects listed on the board in the club.
- Third Vice Commodore emphasizes that the haul-out starts on Friday May 12 at 3pm. Seniors and racers must take an active role. If Chris is re-elected for the next term, he will need a substitute from June 24 to August 5.
- Rear Commodore Dean requests that members come to the club anytime and ask for lessons.
- Secretary Isabella is looking for a member to update the 2000 calendar (Open Houses, Racing, Lectures, Workshops, etc.).
The meeting was adjourned.