All Meeting Minutes
2000.10.03 - Excom
Tuesday October 03, 2000
Tuesday October 03, 2000
EX COMM MEETING MINUTES
OCTOBER 3, 2000
Present: Joe Matera, Malu Lujan, Chris Havel, Dean Atkinson, Alex Athanasopoulos, Rebecca Hausmann, Isabella La Rocca.
- A motion was made to approve Dominique Barthel’s senior project to assess the current state of the 470, report to Ex Comm about the budget necessary to repair it, and if approved, head the group to make the repairs. The motion passed with 4 in favor, 1 opposed, and 2 abstentions.
- A motion was made to appoint Ben Pink as Laser Chair. The motion passed 6 in favor and 1 abstention.
- A motion was made to allow Bill Moseley to change our ISP and to approve him for $60 per year to keep advertising off our listserver. The motion passed with 5 in favor, 1 opposed, and 1 abstention.
- A motion was made to appoint Bill Duncanson and Greg Brovold as Co-chairs of the Clubhouse Repairing/Rebuilding Committee. The motion passed unanimously.
- Special thanks to Jolanda de Boer for running an excellent Women’s Sailing Program and encouraging many new members to join and become rated members.
- Commodore Joe reports that the club has achieved glory in the racing sphere outside of the club. Justin Oberbauer won the Jazz Cup. Daisy did well in the Friday night races and won the Final Friday night race of the season with our youngest member, 13 year old William Weprin, at the helm, in spite of Rebecca’s attempts to sabotage our victory by dragging her feet in the water. We were first across the finish line in the slowest boat in the fleet. The Club also won the SBRA 15 Invitational JY 15 Race in Berkeley.
- Vice Commodore Malu reports that we have an Open House this weekend and we need skippers to take boats out, a volunteer to man the clipboard, and someone to run the BBQ. A group of 24-30 will be arriving and would all like a ride. Skippers on the commander beware low tides! She and Amy Warner are working on a grant application to Cal Boating and Waterways for equipment replacement and she requests help from all sailors and windsurfers. A travel magazine named Islands is doing a story on Ashby Shoal and our Ashby Shoal breakfasts. If anyone would like to contribute to the article, please visit his website at morrisdye.com.
- Port Captain Alex reports that we have a Work/Study program with Vista College and we have hired a dayleader through the program. He would like to request that all members educate new members about our rules.
The meeting was adjourned.