All Meeting Minutes
1999.07.29 - Excom
Thursday July 29, 1999
Thursday July 29, 1999
EX COMM MEETING MINUTES JULY 29, 1999
Joe Matera, Dean Atkinson, Ingrid Pulhug,Mark Yampanis, Isabella La Rocca, Roland Brunner.
- Ingrid will start Sunday windsurfing lessons in the future.
- A motion was made to approve Jeremy Quinn’s proposal to remove the dilapidated locker on the deck next to the tool shed and replace it with a new structure that includes a storage place for a grill for up to $350. The motion passed with 4 in favor, 1 opposed, and 1 abstention. The new design will be posted with the minutes.
- Wilder Lee has designed a new Parental Consent and Medical Release Form for minors. Isabella will have copies printed and placed in a separate binder for youth members.
- Closed session agenda item. A motion was made to authorize for up to $1040.63 Wilder Lee to negotiate a settlement with Rob Murrow who worked 231.35 hours as a day leader last summer without having completed the contract with UC Berkeley. The vote passed unanimously.
- James Wei has resigned as Laser/Byte Fleet Chair and Joe has appointed Scott McLean as his replacement.
- A motion was made to approve Allan Champion for $2,500 to build a fence along the north side of the property to the end of the rental lockers. The vote passed with 4 in favor, 1 opposed, and 1 abstention.
- A motion was made to reduce the scope of Allan Champion’s senior project to the installation of the fence. The vote passed with 5 in favor and 1 abstention.
- A motion was made to approve Marc Steigleder for $260 for four new kayak paddles. The vote passed with 5 in favor and 1 opposed.
- A motion was made to allow Rebecca, Jolanda, and Gina to organize a 2 day women’s instruction seminar. The vote passed with 5 in favor and 1 abstention.
- Commodore Joe would like to see more Lidos working more of the time.
- Second Vice-Commodore Ingrid reports that the HiFly Maxx was incorporated into the fleet and has received mostly favorable review. Following more reviews we will purchase a mix of Magnums and Maxxes in the future. Brian is currently working on setting up an account with Chinook so that we can buy equipment at cost. He has purchased and received footstraps and harness lines which will be stored underneath the windsurfing work bench. He will also be purchasing more downhaul line to keep there also. New masts will be purchased soon. Negotiations for the Bic Technos have been stalled.
- Treasurer Roland reports that he is in the process of changing the accounts with the bank so that by next week all checks will be out. We have a balance in the checking account of $5,900 and in the money market account of $71,433.
The meeting was adjourned.