All Meeting Minutes
1999.11.09 - Excom
Tuesday November 09, 1999
Tuesday November 09, 1999
EX COMM MEETING MINUTES
November 9, 1999
Joe Matera, Scott McLean, John Frazier, Dean Atkinson, Mark Yampanis, Roland Brunner, Isabella La Rocca.
- A motion was made to approve Dean for $150 to replace the battery on the 15 hp motor. The vote passed unanimously.
- A motion was made to approve Scott for $100 for surveys for the Boat Design committee. They will be distributed at the General Membership meeting. The vote passed with 3 in favor and 4 abstentions.
- A motion was made to approve Peter Tang’s senior project to replace the flotation on an ensign. The vote passed with 5 in favor and 2 abstentions.
- A motion was made to approve Ernest Galvan’s senior project to eliminate property taxes, pending his attendance at an Ex Comm meeting. The vote passed with 5 in favor, 1 abstention, and 1 opposed.
- A motion was made to raise the windsurfing locker associate membership dues to $250 per year. The vote passed with 5 in favor, 1 abstention, and 1 opposed. The motion will be raised at the General Membership meeting.
- A motion was made to raise the race associate membership dues to $75. There was no second.
- A motion was made to raise the race a the race associate membership dues to $65. The vote passed with 4 in favor, 2 abstentions, and 1 opposed. The motion will be raised at the General Membership meeting.
- Rebecca is requesting submissions for the Fall 1999 "Floating Bottle," including pictures and poetry submissions. Bonus points for rhyming. The deadline is November 23.
- The date for the General Membership election meeting has been changed to Tuesday, November 30, 1999 at 7 pm at the Berkeley Yacht Club. The motions to raise the dues (to $50/quarter, $175/year, $45/quarter, $150/year for students, $250 for windsurfing locker associate membership, and $65/year for race associate membership) will be discussed and voted on. There will also be discussions about replacing the teaching dinghy fleet. Please submit agenda items and nominations.
- The next Ex Comm meeting will be Tuesday, December 14.
- Commodore Joe reports 3 SPECTACULAR windsurfing days last week! He is inspired to continue his windsurfing pursuits in Baja.
- First Vice-commodore Scott reports that the boats are in excellent conditions thanks to a select group of people doing repairs. He believes the Lidos could last a long time with routine maintenance.
- Third Vice-commodore John reports that he purchased the sails but colors and numbers remain to be decided on. Dewey is broken. John will not be running for office next term.
- Rear commodore Dean reports that he is returning the Evinrude 6 hp motor because it isn’t suitable for club purposes (it’s heavy and awkward). He is looking into buying a replacement.
- Treasurer Roland reports that the checking account has about $3,000 in it and the money market account has about $65,000. He intends to make an analysis of the basic monthly operating costs for the club.
- Secretary Isabella reports 3 SPECTACULAR windsurfing days last week! She is inspired to continue her windsurfing pursuits in Baja.
The meeting was adjourned.