All Meeting Minutes
5/30/10 ExComm Meeting
6:38 pm in the clubhouse.
Attending: Jennifer Kroon (Commodore), Heidi Kearsley (Vice Commodore), Adam Bertsch (co-1st Vice Commodore), Rob Miller (2nd Vice Commodore), Clément Barthès (3rd Vice Commodore), Dave Hoyt (Port Captain), Peter Kuhn (Treasurer), and Barbara Kochan (Rear Commodore) and Virginia Luchetti (soon to be co-Rear Commodore).
Commodore: Katie Tripp is the new Windsurf Lesson Chair.
2nd Vice Commodore: clinics are starting with Andy Brandt on Wed, lessons now Sunday and Saturday, got lotsa new boards.
Treasurer: We have $22,613 in the bank, up $4,723 from our last meeting 5/16 when we had $17,890.
Income last two weeks:
Regular memberships $8,385.00
Windsurf locker memberships $865.00
Surplus equipment sale--old rescue skiff outboard $120.00
Donations, interest $6.47
Expenses last two weeks:
Accident repair--damage to Emma Corsair 31 in Friday night race 5/21 $3,661.00
Keelboats--bottom cleaning $202.00
Office supplies--24 binders for ratings cards $189.38
Bank--credit card processing fees $186.59
Dinghies--food for workparty $158.07
Tools--sockets, saws, pressure test adapter, screwdriver tips $139.18
Teaching expense--Sat bagels 5/8, 5/22 $58.55
Cruising--dock fees Bahia cruise Angel Island $30.00
Clubhouse and yard -- dump fee $29.00
The money this year so far is pretty much the same as it was during the same period last year. The first 5 months of 2010 had the same income as the first five months of 2009, and the same total expenses for maintenance, overhead, activities, and other operating expenses (not including capital expenditures for new equipment). Comparing the first five months of this year to the same five months last year, activities and dayleader wages are down, and maintenance for dinghies and keelboats are up. Hopefully we are ready for the carnage of equipment this summer.
- Jennifer Kroon (JK) moved to approve the expenditures summarized in the Treasurer's report, Peter Kuhn (PK) seconded (2nd), unanimously approved (UA).
- Rob Miller (RM) moved to approve Wiley Rogers's Sr Windsurfer project of yoga clinics to be offered at the club, Heidi Kearsley (HK) 2nd, UA.
- JK moved to approve Clément Barthès's Cruising Skipper rating, RM 2nd, UA
- JK moved to approve Virginia Luchetti as co-Rear Commodore with Barbara Kochan, RM 2nd, UA
- JK moved to spend up to $40,000 for which we'll be reimbursed by the California Department of Boating and Waterways, on equipment with which to teach boating safety, consisting of two new outboard motors for the rescue skiffs, 12 beginning windsurf boards and sails, 60 wetsuits, and a trainer dinghy sailboat; Barbara Kochan (BK) 2nd, UA.
- RM moved to purchase the RS Vision on evaluation from West Coast Sailing as the trainer dinghy sailboat, provided it is registered with California DMV and has a masthead float, BK 2nd, UA.
- JK moved adjourn, Adam Bertsch 2nd, UA. meeting adjourned 6:43 pm.