All Meeting Minutes
4/17/11 ExComm Meeting
6:37 pm in the clubhouse.
Attending: Jennifer Kroon (Commodore), Heidi Kearsley (Vice-Commodore), Adam Bertsch (co-1st Vice Commodore), Peter Kuhn (Treasurer), Virginia Luchetti and Barbara Kochan (co-Rear Commodores), and Noah Salzman (Secretary).
Co-Second Vice Commodore (Barbara): We had a windsurf instructor meeting that was great and plan to do more. (Virginia): We have a Fast Track scheduled for May, and June is in the works. 1st aid training for dayleaders May 1st.
Treasurer: We have $13,268 in the bank, down $735 from our 4/3/11 meeting, when the bank held $12,533.
Income 4/3 - 4/17/11
|Windsurf locker memberships||$2,100.00|
|UC workstudy reimbursement||$1,340.17|
|escrip card donation||$3.62|
Expenses 4/3 - 4/17/11
|Dinghies--50% deposit on [8 sets JY main jib + 8 sets Bahia jib gennakers + 2 P15 jibs] from Neil Pryde Sails; 2 Bahia centerboards, 1 Bahia jib halyard, 2 JY centerboards, 10 JY drainplugs, 4 JY forestay pinlocks, 4 tack shackles; Bahia mainsail modifications and prototype covers; 2 tiller extensions, telescoping paddle, cleats, spinnaker repair tape, screws; safety walk tape for masthead float mount, spray paint, aluminum tube for gnav struts||$6,385.68|
|Windsurfing--(1) 360EVO beginner board||$654.50|
|Activities--dock fee Angel I. 2/13/2011, food for 4/3 Open House, Pizza cruise 4/8, Mon Thurs lesson snax, paper cups||$645.16|
|Rent to City for yard and clubhouse space April 2011||$620.33|
|Keelboats--dive five hulls 4/12, bungee cord for sail ties, parts for motor mount, needles, screws,||$488.05|
|Insurance-monthly premium for workers comp insurance April||$295.00|
|Tools--grinder, discs, rotary tool, drill bits, file, 2 rope cutter guns||$200.76|
|Bank--credit card processing fees, bounce fee||$182.12|
|Office Supplies--paper for printer, 2500 flyers||$154.25|
|Rescue Skiffs--fuel, engine parts||$146.50|
|Accident repair--teak for Fairliner repairs||$51.54|
|Clubhouse and Yard--cups, forks, lighters, brochure box||$47.14|
We have a reimbursement request in to the Department of Boating and Waterways for $21,830.11. This is on our $42,000 grant money for this year, to cover windsurf boards and sails, wetsuits, dinghy sails, and keelboat masts and rigging.
1. Heidi Kearsley (HK) moved to approve the expenditures listed in the Treasurer's Report, Jennifer Kroon (JK) seconded (2nd), unanimously approved (UA).
2. JK moved that the May General Membership Meeting be held Saturday May 21 with elections starting at 1 pm following a chili contest, known candidates are JK for Commodore, Adam Bertsch for 1st Vice Commodore, and Rob Miller for 2nd Vice Commodore,
3. Adam Bertsch (AB) moved to revise the Operating Rules to add rule A1.6 below and to publish a CSC Keelboat Manual on www.cal-sailing.org, to include the following max crew and weight limits: 6 persons or 900 lbs for Merit 25 and Capri 25, 10 persons for Commanders.
No club vessel shall be operated above its maximum loading, which
shall be the lesser of a) The Manufacturers published maximum loading,
if specified, b) The maximum loading specified in any Cal Sailing Club
instruction manual, or c) The maximum safe loading determined by the
skipper for the expected conditions.
JK 2nd, UA.
4. JK moved that she be allowed to supervise/organize dinghy cruises between all 3 bridges and between CSC and the estuary from May 1 to November 1, in which all participants will be required to be a senior or advanced dinghy, wear a wetsuit or appropriate synthetics and everyone must carry a working VHF radio attached to their PFD. Virginia Luchetti (VL) 2nd, UA.
5. JK moved to give Joshua Leihe permission to do a dinghy cruise to Angel Island on Friday May 6th, Leave: 10:00 Return by: 17:00 (ruffly) Cruising Skipper: Joshua Leihe Supervising Skipper: Mark Playsted Limitation: Senior and Senior Dinghy + only Number of places: Eight Boats to be used: Bahias, must check on boats weekend before and work on boats night before, boats must be ready and clean for Saturday morning lessons, Noah Salzman (NS) 2nd, UA.
meeting adjourned 7:05 pm.