ExComm Meeting: Sunday, 12/9 at 5:50 pm outside the clubhouse.
Executive Committee members present: Jennifer Kroon (Commodore), Rob Miller (2nd Vice), Yves Parent (co-Rear Commodore), Michael Moore (co-Port Captain), Peter Kuhn (Treasurer) and Stephanie Evans (Secretary).
We have $33,385 in the bank, up $10,328 from the last Treas report 10/21 when we had $23,057. We've received the last reimbursement on this year's equipment grant from Department of Boating and Waterways. Big thanks to Stephanie for writing the grant app for next year.
Income 10/22 - 12/9/12
DBW reimbursements: $11,258.47
Regular memberships $10,430.00
UC workstudy reimbursement $2,804.04
Surplus Equipment sale: unpaid windsurf locker contents $100.00
Windsurf locker membership dues: $40.00
Expenditures 10/22 - 12/9/12
Dayleaders--wages, taxes, payroll processing $5,359.13
Clubhouse and Yard--gravel and leveling and dump fees for old carpets and purchase of used carpets for area behind clubhouse, materials for trash enclosure, porta-potty service, DSL service, garbage service, cups, plates, forks, spoons, trashbags, paper towels, propane, cleaning supplies, trashcan liners, alum. foil, plates, expanding foam, spray paint, gorilla tape, hinges, hasps for windsurf lockers, dump fees for old windsurf sails $3,295.43
Rent--license rent and capital fund contribution (2 months) $1,345.16
Keelboats--teak for Commander hatches, tube, brush for PP motor repair, hull bottom cleaning 5 boats 11/3, sanding pads, teak oil, cleaner, line, fasteners, shackles, blocks, Donald mast rigging fittings, hasps, carabiners, boom bail, caulk, lock lube, cable clamps, sail repair $1,258.46
Dinghies--Bahia shrouds, 12 hull drain plugs for Bahias, torch, sprayer, hand cleaner, drill bits, race mark anchors, chain for Venture anchor, hull drain plugs for JY's, swivel, hardener, needles, webbing, tape, twine, mclube, cleats, caulk, resin spreaders, syringes, cleat, sail palm, loops, pump, needles, epoxy kits, straps, auto release cleat, sail repair tape, cleat, line, guide, fasteners, sail slides $1,189.92
Skiffs--fuel, engine and skiff parts $902.82
Activities--food for OH 11/4/12, GMM 11/8/12, Sat lesson food 11/10, 11/17, 12/8 $606.10
Windsurfing-86l Fanatic Freewave board $400.00
Bank--credit card processing fees, bank fee $247.72
Tools--wire brushes, caliper, funnel, bits, drivers, brush, grease, blades, tire patch kit, sealant, dremel bit, knife $70.88
Taxes: DMV add DBW as lienholder RS Venture $15.00
Insurance--final payment on last year's worker comp, refund on workers' comp premiums -$330.00
1. Jennifer Kroon (JK) moved to accept expenditures listed in Treasurer’s report; Michael Moore Seconded (2nd); Unanimously approved (UA).
2. Peter Kuhn (PK) moved to approve the Introductory Sail dates listed below for 2013; Rob Miller (RM) 2nded; UA.
4/13 *Berkeley Bay Festival
3. PK moved to approve Jason Duell’s Cruising Skipper Rating; JK moved to amend the rating to be for keelboat cruises only; Rob Miller (RM) 2nded amended motion; UA.
4. Geoff Wycoff requested a 3-month extension to his cruising skipper qualification time-frame (the 2-year limit coming due soon). JK moved that we approve the 3-month extension; MM 2nded; UA.
5. JK moved to name the Venture after Todd Price, in honor of his memory; Yves Parent (YP) 2nded; UA. Heidi Kearsley is organizing Todd’s memorial to be held in the New Year. Yves Parent will be organizing a memorial cruise.
6. JK moved to approve the use of club boats (not Merits or Capri) for the Ashby Shoal low tide cruise; PK 2nded; UA.
7. PK moved to adjourn the meeting; JK 2nded; UA
Meeting adjourned at 6:00 pm.