All Meeting Minutes
ExComm Meeting Sunday, October 21, 2012
In the clubhouse, 6:15pm.
Executive Committee members present: Jennifer Kroon (Commodore), Seamus Vanecko (co-1st Vice Commodore), Rob Miller (2nd Vice Commodore), Barbara Kochan and Yves Parent (co-Rear Commodores), Michael Moore and Sophie Horiuchi (co-Port Captains), and Stephanie Evans (Secretary).
Yves Parent (YP) is looking for a new Saturday Morning Lessons Chair now that Lara Gunn has stepped down.
Peter Kuhn (PK) emailed the treasurer’s report before the meeting:
We have $23,057 in the bank, up $21,401 from our last meeting 8/19 when we had $1,656. We have a reimbursement request in to DBW for our last $11,258 payment on our grant for this year. Our tax and corporate forms are filed for this year.
Regular memberships $29,982.39
DBW reimbursements: $28,741.53
UC workstudy reimbursement $2,137.57
Surplus Equipment sale: unpaid windsurf locker contents $897.00
Windsurf locker $283.33
Dinghies--RS 500, Venture mast, remaining payment on new sails, tiller extensions, caulk, hog rings, locknuts, tangs, epoxy resin, hardener, fiberglass cloth tape for repair JY hull, rigging tape, kayak hatch cover, hiking sticks, t bar, shackles, blocks, fasteners, tires and tubes for dinghy dollies, rivets, sail repairs, sail repair tape, batten, rings, shackles $15,156.78
Keelboats--remaining payments on new sails, hull cleaning, fasteners, parts for keelboat engines, deck hardware for Uncle Donald, electrical panel and wiring supplies, bow pulpit, machine shop work, traveler parts, food for mast raising, cunningham hook, blocks, pins, winch service kits, masthead mount, halyard, shackle, boots, caulk, navigation lights, filler, sail repairs, sail repair materials $6,650.83
Dayleaders--wages, taxes, payroll processing $5,466.67
Taxes: reg and tax RS Venture and 500, sales tax on wholesale purchases $4,100.00
Clubhouse and Yard--materials for roof sealing windsurf rental containers and for clubhouse doorway repair, porta-potty service, DSL service, garbage service, cups, plates, forks, spoons, trashbags, paper towels, propane, wheels and brackets for trash can enclosure gate, locks for lockers, wetsuit hangers, $2,634.38
Insurance-- workers' comp premiums, hull insurance RS Venture and 500 $1,834.00
Activities--food Open House, FastTrack BBQ $1,656.05
Rent--license rent and capital fund contribution (2 months) $1,355.53
Skiffs--fuel, engine and skiff parts $887.47
Website: setup fee and converter programming for website $800.00
Bank--credit card processing fees, bank fee $668.48
Tools--pliers, tape measure, cutoff wheels, bits, yellowjacket traps, screwdrivers, propane, carabiners, hose nozzles, sockets, wrench, drill bits, winch service tools, funnel, spray, rags $208.82
Safety Equipment-- 1st aid kit supplies $29.16
Windsurfing-credit on windsurf gear, less roll kevlar reinforced sail tape -$785.18
Big thanks to everyone who's worked hard for the club!
1. Rob Miller (RM) moved that we approve the expenditures listed in the treasurer’s report; Jennifer Kroon (JK) seconded (2nd), Unanimously Approved (UA).
2. ExComm held a disciplinary hearing.
3. RM moved that ExComm start writing an addition to the bylaws, to be developed over next two weeks, and formulate a bylaw addition to vote on at the next ExComm Meeting on 11/8; Barbara Kochan (BK) 2nded; UA.
4. JK moved that, because we are not going to be able to notify members of the upcoming proposed bylaw addition we are currently formulating in time for the November General Membership Meeting on 11/8 (requires notification 20 days before meeting), we put it forward at the February General Membership Meeting; SE 2nded; UA.
4. JK moved that we approve spending up to $2,000, as needed, to retain legal services for the club, as needed; RM 2nded; UA.
5. Stephanie Evans (SE) moved to adjourn the meeting; Seamus Vanecko (SV) 2nded; UA.
Meeting adjourned at 8:10pm.