All Meeting Minutes
2008.09.02 - Excom
Tuesday September 02, 2008
Action without Meeting- Written Record
Actions Taken Without Meeting
The following motion was made in writing, and unanimously approved in writing. The written record appears below the online motions. The names of the Executive Committee members are abbreviated as follows:
- Allan Champion (Commodore): AC
- Heidi Kearsley (Vice Commodore): HK
- Auric Horneman (Co-1st Vice): AH
- Carl Caven (Co-1st Vice): CC
- Rob Miller (Co-2nd Vice): RM
- Clayton Seward (Co-2nd vice): CS
- Edward Anelli (Co-3rd Vice): EA
- Brian Buchanan (Co-3rd Vice): BB
- Michael Scalet (Port Captain): MS
- David Fraser ( Co-Rear Commodore): DF
- Mai Luo (Co-Rear Commodore): ML
- Peter Kuhn (Treasurer): PK
- Jennifer Kroon (Secretary) JK
In all the hoopla yesterday at the meeting I forgot to ask permission to set up a couple of dinghy cruises that would take us outside the dinghy cruising area in September and October. The cruises would either circumnavigate Angel Island or be a trip to SF depending on tides. I will insure each of the boats are thoroughly inspected prior to departure. I will also have a radio check as well and making certain each boat has the required dinghy cruising equipment prior to leaving. No one that does not have an advanced rating will be allowed to skipper. Senior Candidates will have priority over Juniors as crew, and no one without a Junior rating will be allowed to participate. I am going to try to set the cruise dates for weekdays as to ease the impact on our regular weekend Bahia day sailing.
- AH: I second and vote yes. Also, do not take JY7, its rig is iffy. Other than that I call JY4.
- CC: I vote yes.
- AC: I vote aye.
- RM: I vote yes also.
- BB: I vote aye.
- DF: Sure! Try not to go out in 45 knots!
- PK: Yessireebob!
- ML: I vote aye.
- JK: Yup
- HK: Sounds good to me!
- EA: I vote aye.