All Meeting Minutes
13-01-13 ExComm Meeting
In the clubhouse, 5:30pm
Executive Committee members present: Jennifer Kroon (Commodore), Rob Miller (Second Vice-Commodore), Barbara Kochan and Yves Parent (co-Rear Commodores), Sophie Horiuchi and Michael Moore (co-Port Captains), Peter Kuhn (Treasurer), and Stephanie Evans (Secretary).
We have $39,245 in the bank, up $5,860 from 12/9/12 when we had $33,385
Income 12/9/12 - 1/20/13
Regular memberships $11,008.00
UC workstudy reimbursement $1,008.87
Spending 12/9/12 - 1/20/13
Dayleaders--wages, taxes, payroll processing $1,979.98
Keelboats--line for jibsheets, winch handles, teakoil, sail lube, lock lube, caulk, cable ties, fid kit, toggle, fasteners, block, eyestrap, epoxy Gflex, paddles, extension cord, tools, hoses, nozzles, brushes, cups $1,224.76
Clubhouse and Yard--materials for trash can enclosure mosaic, for dumpster enclosure, porta-potty service, keys and padlocks, DSL service, paper towels, stamps for Treasurer, postage to DBW for grant application, gallon of sunscreen, calendars as thankyou gifts $977.02
Rent--license rent and capital fund contribution $672.58
Skiffs--fuel, engine and skiff parts: battery, bilge pump, caulk, fenders $545.35
Insurance--workers' comp premium $285.00
Taxes: use tax on wholesale purchases, Berkeley business license $275.00
Bank--credit card processing fees, bank fee $244.40
Activities-- Sat lesson food, food and dock fees Angel I. cruise $186.76
Dinghies--pintle for RS Venture, tiller extension $149.30
Tools--drills, sharpies, memo pad, bags; air compressor hose and tire inflator, connectors, blowgun $148.46
Second Vice: Rob will be sending out an announcement that it is not okay to store your personal equipment in the board hospital; if stored in the board hospoital, it may become club property or thrown away.
Port Captain: there will be training on Sunday, 1/27 for day leaders.
Rear Commodore: we will have 6 fast tracks this year, on these dates:
April 29 - May 3
May 27 - 31
June 17- 21
July 8 - 12
July 29 - August 02
August 26 - 30
1. Jennifer Kroon (JK) moved to hold the February General Membership Meeting on 02/21 at 6:30pm at the Berkeley Yacht Club; Stephanie Evans (SE) Seconded (2nd); Unanimously Approved (UA).
2. JK moved to approve the expenditures listed in the Treasurer’s report; Rob Miller (RM) 2nded, UA.
3. Peter Kuhn (PK) moved to allow $500 to be spent on yard improvements; RM 2nded; 5 and ½ voted for; ½ voted against; Approved.
4. JK moved to approve up to $500 to be spent on sending Jennifer Kroon and Stephanie Evans to the Department of Boating and Waterways Spring Director’s meeting in March in Santa Cruz (CSC’s contract with the DBW requires we attend two days of one meeting a year); BK 2nded; UA.
5. SE moved to adjourn the meeting; PK 2nded; UA.
Meeting adjourned at 5:45pm.