All Meeting Minutes
4/7/13 ExComm Meeting
On the steps in front of the clubhouse, 6:39 pm
Executive Committee members present: Jennifer Kroon (Commodore), Seamus Vanecko (co-First Vice-Commodore), Rob Miller (Second Vice-Commodore), Kevin Rendueles (Third Vice-Commodore), Yves Parent (co-Rear Commodore), Sophie Horiuchi and Michael Moore (co-Port Captains), Peter Kuhn (Treasurer), and numerous members.
We have $36,116 in the bank, up $833 from last meeting 3/3/13 when we had
Income 3/3 - 4/7/13
Regular memberships $18,550.00
Windsurf locker memberships $1,680.00
UC Workstudy reimbursements $2,070.91
Surplus equipment sales: boards from unpaid windsurf locker $140.00
Spending 3/3 - 4/7/13
Dinghies--deposit on 2nd Venture, dinghy control line spool 4 mm, tiller
extensions, cotter rings, standup springs, sail repair tape, gel coat match kit,
gel coat, shackles, trailer parts for sale of P15 and JY, dolly tires and tubes,
roller furler, gloves $5,618.34
Keelboats--bottom job and topsides paint for Daisy, bottom job and rudder repair
for Portugal Princess, bottom cleaning 4 hulls 2/16/13, fasteners, wiring
Dayleaders--wages, taxes, payroll processing $3,865.02
Accident repair--damage to boat hit by CSC boat $1,590.00
Activities-- food for GMM 2/21/13, OH 3/17/13, Sr Study group sessions, Sat
lessons, workparty, propane $1,230.67
Insurance--commercial (fire), workers' comp premium $1,152.00
Clubhouse and Yard--gate for porta-potty service, porta-potty service (3 mos 1
portapotty), materials for dumpster enclosure, DSL service, garbage service,
knife, kitchen supplies, circuit breaker for clubhouse $1,039.10
Rent--license rent and capital fund contribution $672.58
Bank--credit card processing fees, bank fee $535.50
Aquatic Centers (Calif Dept Boating and Waterways) Conference--hotel rooms,
Windsurfing--wet or dry sandpaper, gloves, acetone, alcohol $419.33
Printing: flyers, signout books, $353.52
1. JK moved to approve the expenditures listed in the Treasurer’s report; Rob Miller (RM) seconded (2nd), unanimously approved (UA).
2. JK moved to spend up to $14,000 on insurance, Michael Moore 2nd, UA
3. JK moved to authorize sale of the P15 and a JY, RM 2nd, YP moved to amend motion to sell P15 but not sell JY, failed to get 2nd, PK said if it turns out keeping JY is better than selling it, still can, vote to sell both boats passed with YP opposed, all other officers present in favor.
4. PK moved to approve Martin Beland's Sr Skipper Project of organizing the April Fast Track lessons, JK 2nd, UA.
5. RM moved to spend up to $3,000 more on windsurf gear this fiscal year, JK 2nd, PK said membership income since dues hike is up 40+% this year, UA
6. JK moved to adjourn the meeting; KR 2nd; UA.
Meeting adjourned at 6:45pm.