All Meeting Minutes
January 18, 2015 ExComm Meeting Minutes
|Vice Commodore (co)||Lonnie D.||LD||y|
|Vice Commodore (co)||Molly Morelock||MM||y|
|First Vice Commodore (co)||Dan Rolinek||DR|
|First Vice Commodore (co)||Seamus Vanecko||SV||y|
|Second Vice Commodore (co)||Peter Naulls||PN||y|
|Second Vice Commodore (co)||Chris Lalau-Keraly||CK||y|
|Third Vice Commodore||Kevin Rendueles||KR|
|Rear Commodore (co)||Yves Parent||YP||y|
|Rear Commodore (co)||Will Spargur||WS|
|Port Captain (co)||Sophie Horiuchi||SH|
|Port Captain (co)||Daniel Boldi||DB||y|
|Other members present|
|Antony D., Jennifer K., Sean, James|
|YP||Sr. Study group starts next weekend; working on dates for summer fast tracks|
|Approve Sam Xu sr. project - coordinating study group||SE||CK||y|
|Approve Open house and General Membership Meeting (GMM) dates (see below)||SE||PN||y|
|Elect Kevin Dudney to be Third Vice||SE||YP||y|
|Elect Antony Davirro to be Secretary||KD||SV||y|
|Approve expenditures in Treasurers report||SE||MM||y|
|Approved Open House and GMM dates|
|4/11 Bay Festival|
|5/17 + GMM|
|8/16 + GMM|
|November GMM TBD|
We have $59,116 in the bank, up $2,685 from last we met 12/7/14. DBW paid the remainder of our $40,000 grant for 2014 for equipment (novice windsurf boards and sails, Venture dinghy sailboat, loaner foul weather gear and wetsuits, outboard motor for rescue skiff).
Income 12/8/14 - 1/18/15
|DBW grant reimbursement||$2,811.23|
|UC Workstudy reimbursements||$564.13|
|Donations--Mechanics Bank year-end Community Partnership||$250.00|
Spending 12/8/14 - 1/18/15
|Dayleader wages and taxes||$1,433.62|
|Keelboats--hull cleaning, battery, fasteners, silicone, syringes, tiller cover, wiring supplies, parts for keelboat motors||$838.48|
|City--rent and capital contribution||$730.15|
|Insurance--2x workers comp monthly premiums||$562.00|
|Clubhouse and Yard--portapotty service, DSL service for clubhouse computer,||$551.05|
|Taxes--use tax on wholesale purchases||$448.00|
|Activities and Teaching Expenses--YRA dues, food for parties and Sat lesson BBQ||$171.35|
|Credit card payment charges||$139.89|
|Skiff--gas for skiff, fuel filters, carabiners for dock lines||$134.07|
Income and spending seem to be fine as we enter the last quarter of the fiscal year (ends).
|Budget for Fiscal Year 2014-2015|
|Expected Income||Budget Amount||Year To Date Amount||Remaining|
|Memberships (Regular and windsurf locker)||$185,000||$140,606||$44,394|
|UC Work-Study Reimbursement||$18,000||$4,837||$13,163|
|Donations, surplus sales, interest, etc.||$10,000||$13,469|
|Dinghies and rescue skiffs||$55,000||$52,135||$2,865|
|Clubhouse and Yard||$28,000||$19,652||$8,348|
1) Total income for year to date is 80% of expected income, total spending is 70%.
2) UC Work-Study reimbursement income and Dayleaders cost are both less than expected because of a) use of Berkeley Community College workstudy which pays students directly and b) volunteer dayleaders.
3) Club activities spending is 80% of budget
4) Dinghy budget is almost used up, even with one outboard motor's cost considered part of general overhead (accident repair).
5) Windsurf is overbudget, but exceedance is <2% of budgeted spending
6) Keelboats budget seems easily able to pay for haulouts this winter.
7) Clubhouse and Yard budget has not been raised to include cost of fencing rig area.
8) General Overhead budget includes approx $13,000 towards insurance renewal premium.