All Meeting Minutes
2007.01.21 - Excom
Sunday January 21, 2007
1/21/07 Excomm Meeting Minutes
Excomm Members Present:
- Norman Thomas, Vice Commodore
- Brian Buchanan, 3rd Vice Commodore
- Michael Scalet, Port Captain
- Allan Champion, Commodore
- Matt Jones, Rear Commodore
- Lori Tewksbury, Co-Secretary
- Jennifer Kroon, Co-Secretary
- Peter Kuhn, Treasurer
Other CSC Members Present:
- Bill Prinzmetal
- Gunther Weber
We got $48,597 in the main accounts, plus $2759.51 in the CSCXtras account, up $1,757 from 12/17 last I reported when we had $46,840.
|Income since then:|
|UC workstudy reimbursement||$1,572.00|
|BBQ donations 1/7/7||$44.00|
|booklet sales||$ 8.00|
|refund of credit card fee||$300.00|
|Expenses since then:|
|dayleader wages, taxes, payroll processing||$896.00|
|keelboats--nuts, bolts, string (thanks Greg and Sheldon, and congrats to all Nenyaites on her remaiden voyage!)||$66.00|
|food for BBQ Open House 1/7/7 (Thanks Jennifer and Ming and everyone who showed up!)||$175.00|
|January lease payment||$462.00|
|postage and printing for General Membership Meeting Announcements (197 cards sent this time--thanks Jamuel!)||$60.00|
|5o5 fixup parts (thanks Chris Jennifer Dan and all 5o5ites, and congrats on the #1 splashing!)||$47.00|
|dinghy maintenance parts||$22.00|
|sales tax paid on stuff sold 2006( ob motors, booklets, T shirts, flares, etc.)||$188.00|
|credit card processor charges||$124.00|
- Excomm Meeting Dates for 2007
- Open House Dates for 2007
- Bylaws Change
- 505 Rating System
- DBW Grant
- Dinghy Privelages
- General Membership Meeting
- Windsurfing Manual
- Dinghy Privelages
- JY Parts
- Capri Upgrades
Excomm Meeting Dates for 2007
Motion: To set the above dates as the excomm meeting dates for 2007.
- 2/05 (excomm and gmm)
- 5/07 (excomm and gmm)
- 8/06 (excomm and gmm)
- 11/05 (excomm and gmm)
Moved by Lori, seconded by Michael. Approved unanimously.
Open House Dates for 2007
Motion: Approve the following dates as the Open Houses for 2007.
2007 Open Houses (all on Sundays, 1-4 pm signup, except as noted)
- January 7
- February 4
- March 4
- April 8
- May 6
- May 20
- June 3
- June 17
- Wednesday July 4
- July 15
- August 12
- August 26
- September 2
- September 16
- October 14
- October 21
- November 18
- December 16
Norm moved, Allan seconded. Approved unanimously
Motion: Approve to send the following motion, change in bylaws, onto the membership a vote to change the bylaws for mailing members regarding the general membership meetings.
Motion: amend the bylaws to delete the requirement in Article VII, Section 3 that notice of General Membership Meetings be given by first class mail, and to require that notice be given by 1) posting a written announcement in the clubhouse 2) posting an announcement on the club's official electronic bulletin board and 3) delivering an email with the notice to every current member who has provided an email address for that purpose.
New Section 3: The Executive Committee shall give notice of the time, place, and agenda of all general membership meetings by posting an announcement at the club and on the club's official electronic bulletin board. In addition, notice of any meeting with an election or agenda item for voting shall be sent by email to all members who have provided an email address for that purpose, at least 20 days before the date of the meeting.
- Lori suggests/wonders about sending out one mailing to the membership each year with all calendar dates (gmm, excomm, open house)
- Bill mentions that the Secretary can spend $200-$250 without excomm approval to mail out dates to members
- One reason to get rid of mailings was to save money
- Lori/Jennifer can do the mailings anyways independent of the bylaw change
- Peter will have hard copies of this change for the gmm
Peter made motion via email; Michael seconded. Passed unanimously.
505 Rating System
- options include adding it to the advanced dingy or having a separate rating
- by definition, all seniors can take out any club boat regardless
- what about people who are advanced dingies, are qualified, but not seniors
- Allan suggests advanced dingy minimum rating
- lots of people have put in a lot of work on the boat - worry that someone else comes along, breaks it and leaves it
Motion: To sign out the 505, a person needs to have an advanced dinghy or senior rating and a special checkout by the committee. Allan moved, Brian seconded. Passed unanimously. Allan also appointed Jennifer Kroon as the chair of the 505 checkout committee.
Officially thank everyone involved with the DWB grant for getting us a $25K grant!!
- Jennifer Kroon, Matt Harvey, Peter Kuhn
Brian moved, Norm seconded. Passed unanimously.
General Membership Meeting
Motion: to have the meeting at an undisclosed location because BYC is not available. Brian moved, Michael seconds. Passed unanimously.
Motion: Bill Prinzmetal be allowed to revise the windsurfing manual after consulting with Peter Kuhn and Matt Harvey and that no discussion of the details of said revision will be allowed during the meeting.
- Bill reminds us that we don't have to approve this b/c he's changed the manual three times before, but they SHOULD be approved by excomm
- Bill wonders about what happens if Matt and Peter don't approve….. Someone else could revise
Bill wants to make two substantial changes
- changing operating rules
- changing how sails are rated
Bill will consult with matt and Peter and bring the rewrite back to excomm.
Motion: The operating rules be changed as Bill proposed. Brian moved, Michael seconds. Passed unanimously.
Motion: Give Mathias Rocker, Geoff Wycoff, Michael Faw, Gunther Weber the privelage to sail dinghies in the senior keelboat area, as long as they carry a cruising kit with them. Peter moved, Allan seconded. Passed unanimously.
- Norm has a concern that these people don't come to excomm in person, but the consensus is that it's not necessary if we are familiar with their skills, etc
Motion: Approve Allan Champion $600 to rig out the last two JY's with trapezes, replace the wire on the one that is ridiculously short, buy some more slings for the JY's & 505 and one prayer to the deity of your choice that his back gets better so he can use the stuff after it's done.
Peter moved, Michael seconded. Passed unanimously.
- as of today, every JY has a wire (FYI)
Motion: Spend up to $800 to upgrade the Capri include lightweight spinnaker sheets, and other items.
Brian moved, Peter seconded, passed unanimously.
Motion: Spend up to $13,000 to renew our insurance (liability, clubhouse). Peter moved, Brian seconded. Passed unanimously.
Brian moved, Jennifer seconded to adjourn the meeting - passes unanimously.