All Meeting Minutes
2006.10.06 - Excom
Friday October 06, 2006
Excomm Members Present:
- Allan Champion, Commodore
- Brian Buchanan, 3rd Vice Commodore
- Matt Jones, Rear Commodore
- Jennifer Kroon, CoSecretary
- Lori Tewksbury, CoSecretary
- Jamuel Starkey, Vice Commodore
- Dan Pond, 1st Vice Commodore
- Peter Kuhn, Treasurer
Other CSC Members present:
- Saul Schumsky
- Matt Harvey
- Ming Hua
- 2007 General Membership Meeting Dates
- Cruising and Senior Dinghy Rating
- Update on Keelboat Bottoms
General Membership Meeting Dates for 2007
Motion: Set February 5, May 7, August 6, and November 5 the general membership meeting dates for 2007. Brian moved, Matt seconded. Passed unanimously.
- these are the first Monday's of each of these months
- appears that there are no conflicts on the BYC calendar
Cruising and Senior Dingy Rating
Continuing the discussion of either amending the operating rules to expand the senior area or just give cruiseing dinghy ratings to those who want to sail outside of the senior dinghy area.
Consensus is to allow individuals to be able to sail the dingies in the senior keelboat area with approval of excomm on a case by case basis. Individuals granted this would need to have their cruising kit with them while sailing.
Motion: Allow Jennifer Kroon to sail dinghies in the senior keelboat area as long as she carries a cruising kit with her (radio, compass, waterproof flares).
Jennifer moved, Allan seconded. Passed unanimously.
Update on the keelboat bottoms
Paul Hulich reported on the condition of the keelboat bottoms. The day he checked them, the Capri was not in its slip, so he was not able to check it.
- all bottoms were cleaned recently
- Ensign without mast has some growth on the keel
- Daisy needs a zinc, everything else has zinc
- Capri is probably not being cleaned b/c we doubt Mermaid knows about it
- Peter is directing Paul to call Neptune Nick about this
- wait on the Capri - will need to be hauled out eventually anyway
- some discussion about he Capri bottom….
Brian moved to adjourn; Jamuel seconded - passes unanimously