All Meeting Minutes
2005.12.04 - Excom
Sunday December 04, 2005
Absent: 2nd Vice Commodore, Port Captain, Rear Commodore
The meeting was called to order at 5:30 p.m.
Commodore (Saul) No report, just agenda items.
Vice Commodore (Jamuel) Proposed Open House dates for 2006 - agenda item.
1st Vice Commodores (Dan and Michael) Dan - No report. Michael - All of the dinghies are currently sailable.
3rd Vice Commodore (Will) Greg is working on Louie. It is currently not sailable. Unfortunately, there is a bend in the new ensign mast that we ordered. We hope to put up Nenya's mast and boom in the next month or so.
Secretary (Caryl) No report.
Treasurer (Peter) We have $55,668 in the main accounts (plus about $2200 in the CSC Xtras account), down $1,282 from two weeks ago when we had $56,950.
In the last two weeks we've hauled in $1,838: $660 in regular membership dues, $881 UC workstudy reimbursement for dayleaders, $275 donations (big thanks to Tom Trippe and the Leitners!), $22 interest.
And we've spent $3,120 including: $2,356 dayleaders November, $462 lease payment December, $132 keelboat and skiff engine parts, $82 teaching supplies navigation class, $14 keelboats floorboard screws, $74 windsurfers monofilm (thanks Don Drummond!).
P.S. "Will's made an excellent suggestion for our meetings that we should implement ASAP: https://www.ouchytheclown.com/meet.shtml"
New Agenda items:1) New signs/paperwork to indicate if dinghies are sailable or not sailable and why or why not. Ed showed a sample of a plexiglass sign that could replace the DNS sign that we have now. Members would fill out a page indicating what is wrong with the boat, and what if anything they did to fix the problem. Michael and Dan will do a write-up explaining how to use the new signs and paperwork. It was suggested to have DNS on one side of the sign and the boat type and number on the other (for example, P1 for Precision #1). No motion was made. Ed was thanked for his work.
2) Approval of Minor Member. Caryl made a motion that Vaios Bozikis be allowed to join the club as a minor member with the usual obligations, and go for his novice windsurfing rating and junior sailing rating without having to come back to Ex-Com for approval. Vaios and his parent(s) had already received the spiel that all minor members and their parents get, before tonight's meeting. Peter seconded the motion. The motion passed unanimously.
3) US Sailing Community Boating Council. Saul was asked to become a council member. This would mean attending three meetings a year, or at least two. Saul suggested that because he already attends several meetings, Lydia and Will could go instead. Discussion ensued. Is it worth spending the money to have the visibility? Two people attending the meetings, at least twice a year, could be very costly depending upon where the meeting were held. Will said he would attend the meetings provided he was able to get the time off of work. No motion was made.
4) Dates for 2006 Open Houses. It was decided to have two Open Houses a month from April through October; this year we had two a month from April through September. The pros and cons of having back- to-back Saturday/Sunday Open Houses were discussed. It was decided that Sunday is the better day for Open Houses. That way racers can help give rides after the conclusion of the Sunday morning Lido races, and the lessons on Saturday could continue past 1:00 p.m., which they often do. Jamuel will email Excom tentative dates for online approval. Peter asked Jamuel to ask Gary Farber to select the dates.
5) Donation of a Cal 2-27. Where would we put it? Would it replace one of the ensigns? It doesn't have a working motor. I forget what else we talked about. Did we vote to accept it?
6) First Aid/CPR certification. Saul moved, and Jamuel seconded, that all Seniors have a First Aid/CPR certification. Will moved to table, Saul seconded to table. All agreed to table.
Will moved, Jamuel seconded, to adjourn. The motion passed with all in favor.