All Meeting Minutes
2005.03.13 - Excom
Sunday March 13, 2005
Meeting was called to order at 5:30.
Saul (Commodore) We’ve finished overhauling one of our keelboats, but found that Daisy’s rudder is broken.
Jamuel Starkey (Vice Commodore) We gave 76 rides during our Open House today and our BBQ featured beautiful ribs that were quite a hit. I will continue to update the web site.
Michael (1st Vice Commodores) Another Lido is down with center board repairs. It would be beneficial to reduce the number of boats in the yard. The 470 is not functional most of the time; I will list it for sale on Craig’s list.
Will (3rd Vice Commodore) Thanks to John Mankey for sailing the Commander back from being overhauled at the Berkeley boat yard. Daisy still has rudder problems, so DNS until they are resolved. Our next overhaul is Dewey, with Donald following. Thanks to Saul for dealing with the rudder. Louie’s lights are not functional and currently there is no plan for Nenya.
Sheldon (Rear Commodore) There are 59 dinghy lessons given last month. Peter gave an awesome motor clinic, knowledge all Senior sailors need to know. There is a ongoing Skipper study group. I recently took CPR training, have the schedule for classes, and sign up sheets.
Meredith (Port Captain) We need Day Leaders. Several have applied from UCB, but they have not persevered for one reason or another.
Peter (Treasurer): On Spring Break in Cabo.
Lori (Co-secretary) Thanks to Peter for wandering through the city maze and finding permit costs for the clubhouse.
1) Report from Caryl on donated boat. It is a 14 ft. fiberglass boat with two mains, a jib, motor, and trailer. Saul made to motion to accept the boat. Michael F. will arrange to sell it for the club. 8 votes for, one abstention. Motion passed.
2) Will made a motion to change meeting time two meetings from now to 6:30pm. Motion passed, with unanimous vote.
3) Will moved to make Malou Lujan Laser Instructor, since she has offered to organize and teach Laser Clinics on Sundays throughout the season in exchange for a membership during that time. Lessons are from 12:30 – 3:30pm, the days are posted on the website. Motion passed, with unanimous approval.
4) David Fajardo presented his Senior project proposal. He proposes to purchase plastic storage sheds and repair the bench at CSC, over two weekend sessions, for $100.00 in costs. Saul moved to accept his senior project. Motion passed, 7 for, one abstention. Jamuel gave David his Senior Spiel, which outlines a Senior club member’s role as mentor with experience to know rules, personal limitations, and ability to help others.
5) Jennifer Fury and Barbara Kolene would like to donate two kayaks. Saul moved to accept them, if they find a place to store them, and teach club members how to use them. Motion passed, unanimous vote.
6) Will moved to sell the 470 because it breaks every time it goes out. Motion passed with 7 for, 1 abstention.
7) Michael made a motion to approve $800.00 for a megabyte rudder and the bits to adapt it to a lido. Motion passed, 7 in favor, 1 abstention.
8) Peter moved to get rid of 1 leaky Lido, possibly for sale. Motion tabled, with unanimous vote.
Will moved to adjourn. Motion passed with unanimous approval.