All Meeting Minutes
2005.07.03 - Excom
Sunday July 03, 2005
Absent: 2nd Vice Commodore, 3rd Vice Commodore, Rear Commodore
The meeting was called to order at 6:30 p.m.
Ex-Committee ReportsCommodore (Saul) YMCA rides went swimmingly. The kids had fun. Thirty-one kids signed up; two didn't go. Help is needed for the next YMCA sail on Wednesday, July 6.
Vice Commodore (Jamuel) Thanks to Saul for giving Berkeley YMCA rides. Thanks also to Laura Boytz, Dixie Nicholson, Ben Pink and Brian Buchanan, who all helped crew or skipper. There is an Open House tomorrow for the 4th of July.
1st Vice Commodore (Dan) We are looking into buying two used JY mainsails for $300 each from the JY class fleet. New sails run around $500 each.
Port Captain (Meredith) We need dayleaders on Sunday mornings. Meredith has a few people to choose from. Presently, some of the Sunday morning racers have been volunteering to daylead on Sundays.
Secretary (Caryl) The white rating cards for the black notebooks have been ordered. They should arrive by Tuesday. I plan to help with the Open House tomorrow. I've heard that the parking fees have been waived. The JY races have been going well, with enough people showing up each week to use all four JY's and run the committee boat.
Treasurer (Peter) In the bank, we've got $89,801, up $379 from what we had when we met two weeks ago, which was $89,422 in the main accounts. (We've also got $2,200 in the CSC Xtras account)
In the last two weeks we've collected $5,029 , which was $4,120 in regular memberships, $656 UC workstudy reimbursement, $100 YRA membership, $100 clubhouse donation (thanks Barbara Kochan!), $20 windsurf donations, $20 Tshirt sale (Eddie's old Tshirts?), $13 booklet sales.
And we've spent $4,650: $3,052 clubhouse—lumber, windows, container rental and delivery/pickup, snacks for carpenters, $473 dinghy—JY15 rudder blades and plates, $462 July lease payment, $306 keelboat—Daisy rudderhead, $86 dinghy parts--clevis pins, gooseneck, JY bails, $108 on 6/19 BBQ food, $100 US Sailing conference registration, $68 tools--sew machine (needs help), multimeter, $60 lost income--bounced check, $42 skiff—trailer bolt, fuel, $24 upgrade return binoculars, $12 racing booklets (thanks Gary!), $12 office supplies--storage boxes and markers.
New Agenda items:
1) Ron Hong's Fast Track Senior Proposal. Saul made a motion to approve Ron's Fast Track, August 22-26. Peter seconded the motion. The motion passed with all in favor. Ron was given the senior spiel.
2) Jim Ulrick's Fast Track Senior Proposal. Saul made a motion to approve Jim's Fast Track, July 25-29. Jamuel seconded the motion. The motion passed with all in favor. Jim was given the senior spiel.
3) Windsurfing Fast Track. Saul made a motion to approve Asma's Jr/Jr+ windsurfing Fast Track to be held on Saturday, July 16. Jamuel seconded the motion. The motion passed with all in favor. A motion was made to permit Pauline, Isabel, Jameel and Asma to give Jr. and Jr. + windsurfing rating tests. Caryl seconded the motion. The motion passed with all in favor.
4) Allan Champion's request to use all four JY's and possibly a Precision for a dinghy cruise to Richmond on Sunday, July 10. Peter made a motion to accept Allan`s request, with the additional provision that, at Allan Champion's discretion, Advanced Dinghy rated sailors or otherwise may skipper some of these boats if Allan finds that obtaining qualified seniors and/or cruising skippers for the trip is problematic, provided that these lesser rated skippers maintain adequate visual contact with any other Senior or Cruising skipper in another boat that is part of the cruise when in waters outside of the lesser rated skippers rated cruising area (e.g. beyond the Advanced Dinghy area). Dang Pang seconded the motion. The motion passed with all in favor.
5) John McBride`s senior project. Saul made a motion that John come to an Ex-com meeting to get his senior project approved (rebuilding the clubhouse). Peter seconded the motion. The motion passed with all in favor.
6) Peter made a motion that Max Kuhn replace Alex Case as Publicity Chair. Caryl seconded the motion. The motion passed with all in favor.
7) Demographic profile of the Club available at the next general membership meeting. Sheldon would like to see the demographics, and suspects that most members would appreciate it. This was discussed. Saul is not sure if Heather has the demographics readily available.
A motion was made and seconded to adjourn the meeting. The motion passed with all in favor.