All Meeting Minutes
2004.06.20 - Excom
Sunday June 20, 2004
Present: Saul Schumsky (Commodore), Robert Towler (1st Vice Commodore), Isabella Fortier (2nd Vice Commodore), Will Lowe (3rd Vice Commodore), Sheldon Coad (Rear Vice Commodore), Peter Kuhn (Treasurer), Lori Taguma (Co-Secretary), and club members Matthais Roschke and Jane Morson.Meeting was called to order at 6:30pm.
Fourteen year old Emily Dichler and her mother Sarah Pichler attended the Ex-comm meeting in order to seek permission to attain Emily’s Jr. windsurfing rating, as well as her Novice Sailing rating. Saul motioned to allow Emily to achieve her Jr. Windsurf rating and Novice Sailing rating without attending an additional Ex-comm meeting. Motion passed with 6 in favor, 0 opposed.
Saul (Commodore) Since starting my Rigging job at Sven’s two weeks ago, my spare time has been limited. Sven’s is still honoring the 10% reduction on purchases for CSC club members.
Jamuel Starkey (Vice Commodore) 1. Sherry Daniel has volunteered to continue the YMCA Kids Rides Program that she was organizing while she was VC. Here are the dates of the rides:
Wed June 16, Fri July 2, Tue Aug 3, Wed Aug 4, Tue Aug 17
Sherry is in need of a few more skippers (seniors) and a slew of crew for the future dates. Please contact Sherry to help out: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Yet Another Events Calendar update as of July 19th has been made to reflect all of the latest events. Please have a look and see if anything is missing.
Robert (1st Vice Commodore) No Report.
Isabella (2nd Vice Commodore) Fifteen people have rented new windsurfing lockers and we’re presently working on windsurfing class efficiency. There will be a windsurfing trip to the Delta this Sunday.
Will (3rd Vice Commodore) No Report.
Sheldon (Rear Commodore) Fifteen people started David Kao’s Fast Track last week, with four receiving Novice ratings. Due to lack of wind, no Jr. tests were given. Dan Pang and Mike, are preparing for their two Fast Track Senior projects that will be held soon.
Peter (Treasurer): June has not been busting out all over, but indeed has been bountiful.
What we have is $84,838, up about $5,267 from $79,571 we had as of the 6/6/04 meeting.
We took in $8,067 including $7,785 in regular memberships, $0 windsurf locker rental associate membership (note: 10 lockers are still not rented--ads are up everywhere, but no takers yet), $164.70 refund of deposit on slip fee for Santana, $108 in donations for BBQ's 6/6 and 6/20 open houses,
We spent $2,800 including: $2,021 for windsurf novice rigs (6 sail/mast/boom/base/uphaul combos, out of $3k motion last meeting, $246.57 on BBQ food cost 6/6 and 6/20 Open Houses, $163.63 on Fast Track snax and food for BBQ 6/18, $77 on paint for windsurf locker containers, BBQ parts, $54 on tools, $45 on office supplies (anyone notice no maintenance costs? there's a few, bills for shackles and stuff coming in, but no major costs this fortnight for repairs. so far, so good.)
Lori (Co-secretary) Thanks to Isabella Fortier, Art Loche, Adam Tanner, Sofien S., Bill Prinzemetal, Edmund and anyone else I’ve missed, for teaching impromptu windsurfing lessons. Also thanks to the Senior and Jr. sailors who consistently teach lessons: James Wai, David Fraser, Bob Hood, Ed Shirk, Peter Bazek, Jim Pottinger, Leah Teitler, and anyone else I’ve missed.
Jane (CSC Extras, Marketing) Jane reported that her clothing business, which consists of marketing sailing and windsurfing gear, is progressing “pretty well”.
New Agenda Items:
- 1) Motion made by Saul to allocate 1500.00 for skiff repairs. Motion passed unanimously, 6 in favor.
2) Discussion regarding mixing club windsurfing equipment with personal equipment centered on insurance issues. Robert motioned to table discussion; 6 in favor.
3) Peter moved to allocate 2000.00 for installation of rolling gate that will replace the ancient, decrepit swinging gate. Motion passed unanimously, 7 in favor.
4) Motion made by Saul to create an Advanced dinghy area equal to the Senior dinghy area. Motion passed, 7 in favor.
5) Isabella motioned to allow 30 hours of teaching windsurf lessons to comprise a student Senior Project. She will continue to teach and be responsible for coordinating Josh and Art’s Windsurf Teaching schedule. Motion passed unanimously, 7 in favor.
6) Saul made a motion to propose his Senior Windsurf Project: Commodore of CSC. Motion passed, 0 opposed.
Peter moved to adjourn. Motion passed unanimously.