All Meeting Minutes
2004.08.01 - Excom
Sunday August 01, 2004
Closed session regarding equipment
1) Closed Session regarding use of club equipment as personal.
Executive Committee Reports
Saul (Commodore) The yearly Bob Collins Memorial Award for teaching excellence will be awarded at the General Membership Meeting this Thursday. The award is given to honor the memory of Bob Collins, a consistently exemplary CSC member who provided mentorship for over 30 years. Discussion at the Waterfront Commission Meeting included possible lease increase to 10K, up to 15K over 5 years. CSC member representation is needed at the Waterfront Commission Meetings as well as the City Council Meetings.
Isabella (2nd Vice Commodore) The new windsurf storage area is finished and we’ve hung the new sails. We’ve taught quite a lot of windsurf classes recently, and our social activities are abundant. Sail and mast repairs are ongoing.
Will (3rd Vice Commodore) Seth is looking for a vendor to dispose of the Ensign, so please contact either him or me online.
Sheldon (Rear Commodore) Five more people passed the July Sailing Fast Track. There will be another Fast Track in August, consisting of two three-day lessons. We’re still light on instructors for Saturday mornings, so please volunteer to teach. The recently held Advanced Dinghy Clinic consisted of nine people.
Jared (Port Captain) In order to cover all Day Leader shifts since Marissa is leaving for three weeks, we will hire (3) new DL’s. Our onshore facilities are fine; as you can see, the new clubhouse paint job is in development. A single complaint regarding misuse of the skiff was filed.
Peter (Treasurer) No Report.
Lori (Co-Secretary) Sail days for the BYA and YMCA kids are scheduled for August 3rd and August 4th. Thanks to Bill Prinzmetal & Beth Burstein for organizing the Berkeley Youth Alternative sailing event, and to Sherry Daniels for organizing the YMCA event. Paul Kamen and Alex Anastopolous will skipper the CSC Commander and Ensign, with Tara Ellman and Lori Taguma acting as crew members for the BYA sail, that will take Jr. High school age children and their counselors out on the Bay. The skipper and crew members for the YMCA event will consist of: Paul Kamen, Dave Cary & Allan Champion acting as skippers, with crew members Jill Marshall, Mike Addis, Jim Ulrick, and Stacey Murphy.
New Agenda Items
2) CSC Instructor Hats will be given to members who teach at least 20 hours. 3) Discussion regarding Jane Morson’s offer to purchase used Laser from Sven’s, which would replace some of the older Lasers. Will made a motion to retract previous motion regarding Laser, and to allocate 3000.00 to buy used Laser. Motion passed, six in favor.
4) Motion made by Isabelle, to discard three Revo boards and replace them with three Motion boards. Asked for allocation of 1500.00 for new boards, as well as 800.00 for new masts. Motion passed, with six in favor.
5) Jane Morson’s Marketing Report on clothing sales for March 1, 2004 to the present. Expenditures: 4803.00, Payments Due: 6127.00, Profit: 1575.00, Total: 7684.00.
6) Aaron Siegel posed a question regarding reduced prices on wetsuits & equipment from vendors such as Boardsports. CSC contracts with Boardsports and will continue to honor the contract, regarding reduced prices for members.Will moved to adjourn the meeting, with unanimous approval.