All Meeting Minutes
2003.03.09 - Excom
Sunday March 09, 2003
Present: Saul Schumsky, (Commodore); Ben Pink, (Vice Commodore) Barbara Knox, (2nd Vice Commodore); Beth Burstein (Rear Commodore); Tom Wu, (Port Captain); Lori Taguma, (Secretary).Saul called the meeting to order.
Saul (Commodore): Nothing to report.
Ben (Vice Commodore): The March Open House was very successful; we sold many memberships and gave 90 rides. We will need volunteers for information tabling for the April Berkeley Bay Festival.
Barbara Knox (2nd Vice Commodore): Nothing to report.
Beth (Rear Commodore): March 23rd is the first Women's Sailing Clinic. The Intro to Racing Seminar with Dave Cary happens on March 30 at 2:00. The Senior Study group begins on March 16 for 4 –5 meetings. Leah Teitler will organize the first Fast Track of the year, in either late April or early May.
Tom (Port Captain): Peter M. has signed on to help with Fridays. Proposed Day Leader pay scale increase is: 0 year experience=$10.50 per hr, 1 yr=$11.50 per hr, 2 yr= $12.00 per hr, 3+ yr= $12.00 per hr.
Consideration for raises include working an average of 12 hrs per week for one year, over a 2 year period in non-continuous fashion. Or work a min. of 8 hrs per week, or two days per week for 1.5 yrs. Returning day leader with less than 2 years absence from working shall retain their last pay scale amount. Returning day leader with more than 2 years of absence shall drop 1 pay scale.
Lori (Secretary): Nothing to report.
New Agenda Items:
1) Discussion regarding Ben’s inquiry to pay Google search engine $50.00 per month for CSC listing. Tabled for information search.
2) Saul made a motion to allow joint CSC Associate members Sven’s wholesale discount. Unanimous vote to not allow the discount.
3) Discussion about the Reno Sailing Club possibly borrowing our skiff, so that they can get their skiff practice for their US Sailing dinghy certification. The possibility exists for Ed Corbett to solicit volunteer day leaders, in exchange of day leader training.
4) Tom made a motion to increase day leader pay scale by rate sheet. Motion passed unanimously. Friendly amendment to include case by case basis be approved by a vote of excomm.
5) Discussion on how windsurfers participate in Open House. Possibilities include operating rules change, windsurfers check in with DL’s during open house, helping open house sailing recipients with PFD’s, docking. Tangential conversation was how do we enforce the 1hour time limits when dock is busy, and how will this effect open house days when dock is busy, possibly by flying colored pennants.
6) There will be no Ashby Shoal Breakfast on Easter morning, another date was approved. Saul suggested a Viking funeral for the white cards of members who passed away last year.
7) Ben made a motion to apply for a Costco membership, which was unanimously approved.
8) Saul made a motion to allocate $150.00 for the Boat Show booth rental. All voted in favor.
Saul made the motion to adjourn. Unanimous vote in favor.