All Meeting Minutes
2003.03.23 - Excom
Sunday March 23, 2003
Present: Saul Schumsky, (Commodore); Ben Pink, (Vice Commodore); Jim Pottinger, (1st Vice Commodore); Barbara Knox, (2nd Vice Commodore); Don McPherson, (3rd Vice Commodore); Beth Burstein (Rear Commodore); Tom Wu, (Port Captain); Peter Kuhn, AKA Krusty (Treasurer); Lori Taguma, (Secretary)Saul called the meeting to order.
Saul (Commodore): I’m having fun teaching the senior sailing classes; for those who want to join, please contact us.
Ben (Vice Commodore): The next open house is scheduled for April 6th. We will have a table and give rides for the Berkeley Bay Festival, Saturday April 26th. The club will have a booth at the Pacific Sail Expo, Wednesday April 23rd through Sunday April 27th. For more info regarding the Sail Expo, see https://www.sailamerica.com/SAILEXPO-Pacific.cfm. The next general membership meeting will be May 8th at the Berkeley Yacht Club. The Ashby Shoal Breakfast is scheduled for sunday morning May 18th. Please contact Ben (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to volunteer to help with any of these events.
Jim (1st Vice Commodore): We have the hiking straps and we’ve worked out a solution for the Rhodes, which can possibly be a senior project.
Barbara Knox (2nd Vice Commodore): Barbara made a motion to extend a free 3 week introductory membership for Pauline K.’s friend Alaine Rodin-Lo. She will be expected to assist Pauline with the upcoming Barbeque. The Board Hospital is officially finished.
Don (3rd Vice Commodore): We’ve authorized money to repair the Ensign, and are scheduling a day to clean up the boats.
Beth (Rear Commodore): The Senior Study went well; two or three more are scheduled. Yolanda will be teaching an Intro to Dinghy Sailing workshop on April 12. The Women’s Program is well underway. Leah Teitler would like to organize the season’s first Fast Track from May 5 to May 9th. She’ll present her proposal for it soon. We need seniors to teach dinghy lessons on low tide days, which are posted on the listserv and at the clubhouse.
Tom (Port Captain): No report.
Peter (Treasurer): I move that we pay the following bills: $438 to DMV to register the 3rd JY (Nica Juga), it’s trainer, and the second P15 $250 to BYC for the room (naw, not that kinda room, for the general membership meeting) $754.60 to Pinapple Sails for dinghy and keelboat sail repairs $367.72 to Port Supply (yes, dear, I will buy everything from Svens from now on) for sail covers for the keelboats (this actually was already approved, but hell, its just one motion) battery charger for one of the keelboats, and some epoxy for repairing the Rhodes (that too was approved) $343.75 to Leif Wadleigh for bookie services
Lori (Secretary): Don’s volunteered to replace the keelboat dock hoses.
New Agenda Item:
- 1) Art’s Senior Project is finished.
2) Don made a motion to approve Sherry Daniel’s Senior Skipper Project, which is shooting a promotional video focused on the teaching aspects of CSC. Motion also includes allocation $100.00 to Sherry. Unanimous vote in favor.
3) Motion to approve Leah’s Sailing Fast Track for May 5th through 9th. Motion passed by unanimous vote.
4) Peter made a motion to allocate money for the following list: $438 to DMV to register the 3rd JY (Nica Juga), it’s trainer, and the second P15. $250 to BYC for the room (naw, not that kinda room, for the general membership meeting. $754.60 to Pineapple Sails for dinghy and keelboat sail repairs. $367.72 to Port Supply (yes, dear, I will buy everything from Svens from now on) for sail covers for the keelboats (this actually was already approved, but hell, its just one motion) battery charger for one of the keelboats, and some epoxy for repairing the Rhodes (that too was approved). $343.75 to Leif Wadleigh for bookie services. Motion passed by unanimous vote.
5) Peter made a motion to allocate $10.00 per Boat Show volunteer, for parking and food. Motion passed, with 6 in favor, 3 opposed. Friendly amendment added to submit receipts.
6) Saul made a motion to allocate $6000.00 to Alex C. for annual advertising budget. Motion passed with unanimous vote.
7) Peter made a motion to allocate $15,000.00 for skiff replacement. Friendly amendment deadline May 1st. Passed by unanimous vote.
8) Barbara made a motion to extend a free introductory membership for Pauline K.’s friend Alaine Rodin-Lo, in exchange for assisting with the CSC Barbeque. Motion passed; 5 in favor, 2 opposed, 2 abstentions.
9) Saul made a motion to allocate $500.00 for a new trailer. Motion passed; 7 in favor, with 1 abstention.
10) Jim made a motion to allocate $2500.00 for laser purchase. Motion passed with unanimous approval.
11) Saul made a motion to approve the General Membership Meeting agenda for Thursday, May 1st, which will include: 1) builder’s schedule 2) elections 3) board hospital 4) reports. Motion passed by unanimous vote.
Don made the motion to adjourn. Unanimous vote in favor.