All Meeting Minutes
2003.05.08 - General
Thursday May 08, 2003
Present: Saul Schumsky, (Commodore); Ben Pink, (Vice Commodore); Jim Pottinger, (1st Vice Commodore); Barbara Knox, Trumpton McFarlane (2nd Vice Commodores); Matthais Roschke (3rd Vice Commodore); Beth Burstein, (Rear Commodore); Tom Wu, (Port Captain); Peter Kuhn (Treasurer); Lori Taguma, (Secretary).
Saul called the meeting to order.
Saul (Commodore): Thanks to everyone on Excomm for donating their time while conducting club business. Thanks again to Jane for collecting boat show donations. We will be taking O’neil wetsuit orders on June 8th, at a steep discount price for CSC club members. Building plans for the new custom Antrims are on track, and Ben is exiting as Vice Commodore.
Ben (Vice Commodore): CSC club members participated in the Boat Show, which went very well. Our yearly mailing of The Floating Bottle will be mailed with the club’s financial statement. Sherry Daniels video will be used for future grant writing purposes. Thanks to Stephanie Lucas for doing a great job on the newsletter layout. This is my last Excomm meeting as Vice Commodore.
Jim (1st Vice Commodore): Thanks again to Ed and Gregg for keeping the Lidos and Precisions rehabilitated. Matthais Roschke is slowly rebuilding the rub rail on the Rhodes. We are considering dumping the Lasars.
Barbara and Trumpton (2nd Vice Commodores): Learn to Teach Windsurfing Right class, will be held on May 17th, as well as a Windsurf Repair Clinic in the afternoon. Roberto will teach the classes, and we’re looking for suggestions for more classes. At some point we will hold a Waterstart Clinic. Our new 2nd Vice Commodore, Asmaa, will be taking over for Barbara. (Asmaa wore a beautifully appropriate sailing hat)
Don (3rd Vice Commodore): No Report.
Beth (Rear Commodore): Twelve senior wannabes took the senior written test. Leah’s Senior Fast Track went well, and the second FS is planned for June 23rd through the 27th. Workshops are posted on our website, including the Women’s Sailing schedule. Instructors can also earn sailing caps, as well as t-shirts in exchange for ten hours of teaching.
Tom (Port Captain): We presently have enough Day Leaders for the club, but to encourage more DL’s, we are giving them a salary increase. Special thanks to David Fraser for helping interview new DL’s. Thanks to Ed Shirk and the Day Leader crew. Anita, our creative DL, designed a logo for the recently constructed CSC t-shirts.
Peter (Treasurer): As usual, we have taken in a lot of money and spent a lot of money.
Lori (Secretary): Thanks to all of the adventurous and spirited CSC club members who make the Cal Sailing Club experience enjoyable. Bob Hood has suggested that people join the windsurfing group by sending an email to: email@example.com or by going to the website at https://groups.yahoo.com/group/cal-windsurfing/ . We would like to make this a forum to announce windsurfing activities, workshops, and schedule lessons, etc.
New Agenda Items: General Membership Elections
1) Beth Burstein nominated Saul Schumsky for Commodore. Vote passed.
2) Ben Pink nominated Sherry Daniels for Vice Commodore. Vote passed, with unanimous approval.
3) Lori Taguma nominated Jim Pottinger for 1st Vice Commodore. Vote passed, with unanimous approval.
4) Barbara Knox nominated Asmaa Asyad for 2nd Vice Commodore. Vote passed with unanimous approval.
5) Saul Schumsky nominated Beth Burnstein for Rear Commodore. Elected by overwhelming majority, with cheers, fanfare, & confetti.
6) Tom Wu nominated Pamela Crawford and Bruce Mckessin for Port Captains. Vote passed with unanimous approval.
7) Peter Kuhn nominated himself for Treasurer. Vote passed with unanimous approval.
8) Matthais Roschke nominated Lori Taguma for Secretary. Ben Pink nominated Chloe for secretary. The vote for co-secretarial position passed, with unanimous approval.
9) Saul made the motion to accept new club officers. Motion passed with unanimous approval.
Peter Kuhn made the motion to adjourn. Motion passed with unanimous approval.