Late July Junior Skipper Fast Track
July 27-31 from 5-8pm
A dinghy sailing program for CSC members to advance to their Junnior Skipper Ratiing
Want to join?
- Have your pre-requisites done:
- Written Test
- Rigging Test
- 2 extra volunteer hours (for a total of 4 signed off on your white card)
- Recommended: 3+ previous lessons, comfortable handling main sheet and tiller while hiking, attending dinghy repair clinic on Sunday 6/7
- Agree to stay throughout the Fast Track week (5 days, lessons Mon-Thurs, tests Thurs-Fri) and teach to the other students after passing the Junior test
- Agree to help at least one night with food duties and bring $20 for beverages
- Questions? Email Sam(click here).
Sign up as a student: Click here.
Juniors/Seniors - Want to help? Want food and service hours?
Instructors (juniors and up) needed Mon - Fri
Testers (seniors and up) needed Thurs-Fri
Sign up as a teacher: Click here.
- If this doesn't work, ask the Day Leader to contact Sam.
Volunteer hours, food, and fun available!
Sign up as a cook: Click here.
Rope Splicing Calss
Sunday, July 26th at noon at the clubhouse.
Rope splicing is both fun and useful. And it isn't that difficult, at least with three-strand and single-braid. Splices are much stronger than knots (you lose 40-50% of the rope strength in a knot, while you preserve at least 90% of the rope strength in a splice). Come out and learn how to do this traditional skill, and help the club make anchor lines, bow lines, and stern lines. As a bonus, you can make yourself a VHF or knife tether (if you bring along a brass clip). Contact John if you"re interested, or just show up.
2015 May GMM (General Membership Meeting)
Delicious food! Live music all night from the CSC House Band and special guests Pistachio.
Annual financial statement by Stella the Treasurer is here.
First GMM of 2015 on February 22ndDinghy Cr
We held the year's first General Membership Meeting on February 22nd in the CSC yard at 17:00. It was a non-voting GMM, and food was provided. Quarterly financial statement is here..
- Beginning Dinghy Sailing lessons on Saturday mornings and Monday and Thursday afternoons.
- Keelboat lessons on Wednesday evenings.
- Windsurf lessons are held on sunny, breezy Saturday mornings, and on Sunday mornings too when the warm weather begins.
Please see the lessons page for more information. Get to the club early!
CSC's Cruise to Angel Island is featured in Small Craft Advisor Magazine! Check out this PDF copy. Copies are at your local West Marine. SCA is a great magazine for small boat sailors - learn more at smallcraftadvisor.com
Have fun watching TV!
Check out this awesome time lapse video of a regular Saturday morning at the club that our co-First Vice Commodore, Seamus Vanecko, put together in June. Thanks, Seamus!
Check out this amazing video of windsurfing in the Bay one windy June afternoon. Shot by Alex Dunkel
Huge thanks to DBW
(California State Parks Division of Boating and Waterways) for funding a ton of new equipment for our boating and windsurfing safety classes, including our Introductory Sails: More new wetsuits, beginner/intermediate windsurf boards and sails, new sails and masts for our trainer dinghy sailboats, and new masts, rigging, and sails for our keelboats. Check out the list of all the aquatic centers that DBW helps to fund: http://dbw.ca.gov/BoaterInfo/AqCntrTbl.aspx
It's not just DJ's who save lives: CPR/First Aid Training is for you, too!
Thanks to Berkeley CPR Classes for providing some complimentary CPR and First-aid certification classes to our staff. View their calendar of upcoming CPR and First-aid Classes in Berkleley/Oakland area: Their American Heart Association Heartsaver CPR and First-aid training courses are approved by the US Coast Guard.