Updates from our 2023 programs
Ever wonder about those dazzling sails buzzing around on the Bay? The Cal Sailing Club monthly Open House/Introductory Sail gives you a chance to find out!
The next open house is Sunday November 19.
Check out more information and the full schedule for the year here.
Wednesday November 29 5 pm RSVP to attend
RSVP at https://partiful.com/e/yljHCT0wNTSBohxIPOnQ? This is a voting meeting and there will be officer reports followed by food.
Read the quarterly financial report here.
- How do I start sailing at the Cal Sailing Club?
- Looking to get the Novice or Junior rating? Check the guide on getting these ratings.
- How to get a Dinghy Test read this.
- Checklist for taking a dinghy on the water.
- Dinghy Junior Fast Tracks: Dates have been set for Fast Track 2023,and you can signup now. . Click here for more info.
- New video on rigging and sailing a JY-15 Check it out on the Sailing Videos page.
- Dinghy Racing
Sail fast, have fun!
Race dinghies this summer nearly every Sunday and Thursday. No prior racing experience needed. See here for details. Contact the Racing Chair with any questions.
- How do I start windsurfing at the Cal Sailing Club? Novice lessons start on April 8 and will be held every Saturday and Sunday (subject to tides).
- How do I report damage or make other requests? Use this link to contact our Windsurfing team (you must be logged in to use this link).
- Will Spargur, former Rear Commodore for Windsurf Instruction, has produced a set of videos on learning windsurfing.
- New Tutorial on Windsurf Board Repair.
- Detailed description of the windsurfing rating requirements is available. We have also started something to help you get your Senior rating.
- Keelboat lessons are offered year round, often on Wednesday evenings, but also at other times. They are announced on Slack and the Announcements list. You must be a Junior Skipper to take keelboat lessons. Basic keelboat instruction outline is here, and this progression will prepare you for the advanced training necessary for the keelboat senior rating.
- Berkeley Reef. Sheldon Coad took these photos with the help of Bobby Arthurs, and the club skiff. They circled the Reef and took photos in several directions. Pretty impressive when you see it, and pretty dangerous when you can't.
- Consult the new manual on keelboat outboard motors.
Kayak and SUPs
A limited number of sit-on-top kayaks and stand-up paddleboards (SUPs) are now available for member use. No rating is required, but Day Leader approval is. This is a lower-wind activity, so the Day Leader may restrict use to the Novice Area or not allow it at all.
Access details on who can sign off on which ratings/tests/check-outs.